If you want to prepare the crumb crust by yourself, here you have the cooking instructions for it! If you are using ready-made shortbread cookies, move on to preparing the cheesecake.
- Combine room temperature butter with powdered sugar, an egg yolk and a pinch of salt.
- Sift the flour mixed with baking powder, then slowly incorporate them into the butter mixture, stirring constantly.
- Roll the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge for an hour.
- Cover the top and the bottom of the dough in parchment paper and roll it into a thin layer (3-5 mm).
- Take off the top parchment and make little holes all over the dough by using a fork.
- Bake the sablé in the preheated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes (watch the sablé while it bakes, it should end up golden in the center and a little brown on the edges).